Friday, February 20, 2015

Being Handy in the House


I am sorry if I haven't been able to update for the past 2 days. I honestly had no idea what to write. I will try to be more diligent next time.

A couple of days ago we had a leaky sink in the kitchen and it occurred to me that I have no idea of what to do when it comes to plumbing. I was a little ashamed and felt less of a man. I resolved that this has to change. So I called a friend and made him fix it. :P

We finally got a new bed, thanks to my in-laws and I am making the bed frame myself. I wanted to have one with shelves in it so I can utilize the space that is usually wasted. I got a plan in the internet and I just made adjustments based on the size of the bed. I just finished day one of DIY project with only the cutting of the plywood. Now I know why some people buy it pre-cut, thankfully I was able to borrow a electrical hack saw (Hooray for technology!). Tomorrow I still need to do some cutting but I think I am ready to do some assembly before the start of the game.

I also did a little cooking for tomorrow's game, and did my first attempt in making callos. I realized it was a very long process and made me appreciate the dish more. Elaine and I also did some last minute cleaning and took turns in taking care of the children.

I just finished today's tasks with sending a couple of proposals and quotations. Hopefully, it will generate  some income. I kinda feel good about myself right now knowing that I have some use in the house and that my family appreciates and loves me despite my many, many, many faults and shortcomings. Especially to my wife, who calmly listened to me while I berated myself without any judgement. And that is it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment