Sunday, January 25, 2015

To spare the rod?

Most of my generation's parents, at least in my circle have followed the saying "Spare the rod, spoil the child." I was an extra active kid saw I got the tsinelas more than the average kid. I remember promising myself that my own children will never get punished like that.

25 years later, my perspective on things have changed a great deal. The rod or tsinelas is no longer the evil thing I remember it to be or what some child psychologist would tell you. Just remember these things I have learned:

1. Never do it in anger. They feel it and they are going to resent it.
2. Explain why you are do it, so they won't think that you just do it for kicks
3. Do it in private, keep their dignity.
4. After the crying, hug them and tell them that you love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment