Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Funny Page

I am the type of person that whenever I see a newspaper lying around, would ignore everything and directly go to the funny page because of three things: comics strips, the crossword puzzle, and the horoscopes. Here are some of my insights. Enjoy!

Horoscopes

I don't belief that alignment of the stars and planets have any effect in my life but it is awesome to read them especially when they say something really vague like " You will be successful if you work hard". Also, I laugh really hard when they try to define my traits base on the date I was born and really miss the mark.

Stylish is not on the list on how people see me.
Crosswords

Friends and family have told me that I both hve the traits of an old man and a nerd, one of these traits is my love for crossword puzzles. I sometimes must resist the urge to answer the puzzles especially if don't own the newspaper. Only a few things can beat the happiness you feel when you have completed one.

That is me in a few decades from now.
Comic Strips 

The comics strips are the best part of the funny page because it is what makes it funny and sometimes you get to learn some things. Here are some comics that made a laugh and smile through the years.

Garfield by Jim Davis
The cat who taught me to hate Mondays and love lasagna, 

Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz
Thank you for making me belief in the Great Pumpkin, for Snoopy and Woodstock, for letting me know Beethoven's birthday, and teaching the expression Good Grief. 


The Far Side by Gary Larson
Cows
Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
The smartest kid I have ever known

No comments:

Post a Comment