Friday, April 24, 2015

Juggling Act

If you are fortunate to be one of friends in Facebook, you know that my son Castle has started summer classes in preparation for the coming school year as recommended by his teachers. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but he gets to skip the Nursery level and will be Kindergarten 1 when classes. It does help us a lot financially but I am worried if he will be ready. The school staff assured me though that he will be okay.

Since most of my work can be done at home, it is my responsibility to bring and pick up Castle to school. Though it puts a strain on my house husband and business owl duties, it does give me some free time to write and do some errands like bank runs or mini-grocery trips while waiting for class to end. I have also learned to prepare things in advance, like cooking early so I just need to do some finishing touches on our lunch before we eat.

Sometimes when I think of all the things I need to do, I get a bit overwhelmed but I realized I just need to do it one at a time so it isn't that bad as I imagined it. I am doing this for my family and I also enjoy doing everything despite the craziness of it all, I get to spend time with my kids, I am my own boss, and I am not too tired to have some quality time with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment