Monday, February 16, 2015

50 Shades of [insert color here]


Right now, 50 Shades of Grey the movie is being shown in cinemas here in the Philippines and it is currently trending (Woohoo! I used the word trending!) in my news feeds in social media alongside Valentine's day lovers and haters. The general consensus in the internet so far is that it really bad but isn't bad enough to reach the 'it's so bad it became good' barrier, it's funny though that is it breaking records for R rated movies. I guess sex really does sell. 

I personally want to make an objective review of the movie and the source material, I have tried and failed. I started with the novel and can't even finish chapter one, I felt I was wasting time reading it and that is very bad considering, 1. I love reading and 2. It has sex. This is coming from a guy who finished a collection of fan fiction about Harry Potter and his relationships with almost every character conceivable because I was dating someone who like that sort of things.

I have seen online copies of the movie but have very, very, very easily ignored it. I don't want to watch a movie that I know based on everyone's opinion that I respect, will make me regret my life choices and make me curl up like a fetus in the shower as I cry myself to sleep.

Maybe one day I will be able to read and watch it, I did finish reading the Twilight Saga (I am currently waiting for the townsfolk with their torches and pitchforks), but I think the words of wise man I know apply here, 'it's wise to learn from your mistakes, but it's wiser to learn from the mistakes of others.'

No comments:

Post a Comment