Friday, May 15, 2015

My First Review

For our fourth anniversary, My wife and I decided to watch a musical. I am very happy that we decided to watch Kung Paano Ako Naging Leading Lady. This will also be my first time that I will be reviewing something that I am not required too. Disclaimer first, I am no expert and like I said this will be my first time that I am doing this voluntarily.


The play was created by Carlo Vergara, the music and lyrics by Vincent de Jesus, and directed by Chris Martinez. Here is the brief synopsis courtesy of Ticketworld:

Being a maid is tough enough, but when Mely lands a job under a group of superheroes, she steps up to the unique challenge for the sake of her family. Based on Carlo Vergara's one-act play and graphic novel of the same title, Kung Paano Ako Naging Leading Lady the Musical revolves around Mely and Viva’s sibling relationship, made complicated by an unsettling past and a budding romance, all in the context of an ongoing war between the superhero and supervillain teams. The musical takes us through the journey of the characters as each tries to find his/her place in the world.

It was a very entertaining play and had really good time watching, considering I had a headache. One problem I have whiched prevented me from giving it standing ovation was the sounds problem that ruined the first act of the play. Before the play even started there already static from the speakers that really didn't go away till the end of the first act. I wish they fixed first before starting. Microphones were not working properly and it even stop working on some instances. I think I miss a lot of good jokes because of it. Volume was also a problem, sometimes the volume of the backup overpowered the lead.

They eventually fixed and I hope it won't happen again because it was a very fun musical. Also, is it weird that I was rooting for the Kayumanggilas.

No comments:

Post a Comment